What is an eligibility application?
An eligibility application consists of an online application form and supporting documentation. The eligibility application form is completed on Oriel, which is the national online application system for medical training in the UK. Some supporting evidence can be uploaded as part of the online application.
Do I need to complete an eligibility application?
- You are studying at or have graduated from a non-UK medical school
- You have graduated from a UK medical school on or prior to 2nd August 2021
- You are a non-UK/settled national studying for a UK medical degree at a campus outside of the UK, for example, University of Nicosia, Cyprus (St. George’s University London), or Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
- One of the above applies to you AND you applied in a previous recruitment cycle and your application was unsuccessful. Or you withdrew your application and did not begin your Foundation training programme. (Applications do not carry forwards from year to year and you must apply for the relevant recruitment year).
- You are a UK medical student expecting to graduate by 3 August 2023
- You graduated from a UK medical school on or after 3 August 2021
- You are a UK or settled national studying for a UK medical degree at a campus outside the UK, for example, University of Nicosia, Cyprus (St. George’s University London), or Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
if one of the above applies, you do not need to apply via the eligibility process. Your medical school will nominate you.
When does the eligibility application window open?
The eligibility application window will open at 09:00 (BST) on Wednesday 6 July 2022.
The application window will close at 12:00 (BST) on Friday 29 July 2022 (12:00 midday BST).
Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances.
How do I submit an eligibility application?
Step 1 – Register with an account on the online application portal Oriel and fill in an eligibility application form.
Step 2 – Upload supporting evidence on Oriel and submit your application form.
Non-urgent advice: Important
You must complete both steps between 6 July – 29 July 2022 (12:00 midday BST).
You must complete the online application form and provide the supporting evidence required for your eligibility application to be complete. If your eligibility application is not complete, you will not be able to apply for UKFP 2023 entry.