What is an eligibility application?
An eligibility application consists of an online application form and supporting documentation.
The eligibility application form is completed on Oriel, which is the national online application system for medical training in the UK. Some supporting evidence can be uploaded as part of the online application.
These webpages focus on making an eligibility application. Applicants to the UK Foundation Programme will also need to read the specific guidance for applying to the Foundation Programme.
Non-urgent advice: Eligibility is a pre-application process
The eligibility process is a pre-application process, and you must submit an eligibility application before making a UKFP 2024 application. If you are deemed eligible to apply to the Foundation Programme, you must then complete a separate Foundation Programme application form to enter the FP recruitment process in September 2023. You will also have the option to apply for Specialised Foundation Programmes (SFP) and Foundation Priority Programmes (FPP).
Do I need to complete an eligibility application?
- You are studying at or have graduated from a non-UK medical school, OR
- You have graduated from a UK medical school on or prior to 6 August 2022, OR
- You are non-UK/settled national studying for a UK medical degree at a campus outside of the UK, i.e. St. George’s University of London in Cyprus, Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed), or Queen Mary University of London in Malta.
- One of the above applies to you AND either you applied in a previous recruitment cycle and your application was unsuccessful, or you withdrew your application and did not begin your Foundation training programme. (Applications do not carry forwards from year to year and you must apply for the relevant recruitment year).
- You are a UK medical student expecting to graduate by 6 August 2024 OR
- You graduated from a UK medical school after 6 August 2022 OR
- You are a UK or settled national studying for a UK medical degree at a campus outside the UK.
Your affiliated UK medical school will arrange for you to be nominated to apply for the UK Foundation Programme 2024. If you are not currently studying at a UK based campus, we would advise you to contact your medical school to ensure that you will be nominated.