News and Updates
*IMPORTANT UPDATE CONCERNING COVID-19 AND THE UK FOUNDATION PROGRAMME* PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION*
Foundation Programme Review
In 2018–2019 the HEE Foundation Programme Review heard evidence
from a wide range of stakeholders, including foundation doctors,
about the difficulties faced by those entering foundation training from
medical school. A number of recommendations were made and this
pack outlines progress and contains practical information to assist with
UKFP 2021: Key Documents
- UK Foundation Guide – A comprehensive catalogue of responsibilities, regulations and processes involved in the Foundation Programme, covering applicants, Foundation Schools and the UKFPO.
- UKFP Rough Guide – An overview of the content and curriculum of the Foundation Programme.
- UKFP 2021: Application Process High-Level Timeline – A combined timeline of the application process for the UK Foundation Programme.
- UKFP 2021: Eligibility Applicant Guidance – A comprehensive overview of the eligibility application process, for those who need to submit eligibility applications for 2021. (Please be advised that this guidance is subject to change in light of external dependencies and in particular, in regard to the current public health pandemic. The UKFPO will provide updates, as necessary.)
- UKFP 2021 Applicants’ Presentation – A presentation for prospective applicants in 2021, providing a brief overview of the Foundation Programme and the application process.
- UKFP 2021 Applicant’s Handbook – A handbook for prospective applicants in 2021, providing comprehensive instructions/guidance concerning the application process for UKFP 2021.
- Situational Judgement Test – Reasonable Adjustment Process – Applicants Guidance – Guidance on submitting reasonable adjustment requests for the SJT.
New version of Oriel for Applicants
All applications must be submitted through Oriel (national online application system). You can access the new version of Oriel here. Applicants are advised to start their applications early to allow sufficient time to complete the necessary sections of the application form and to gather evidence in support of their application.
Important: You will need to create a new Oriel account on the version linked to above before you can make any 2021 applications.
The Oriel applicant portal is compatible with Internet Explorer 11, Safari 7+, Google Chrome 30+, Firefox 24+ and Edge. Applicants are advised to use one of these browsers when using the website and preferably the most up to date version of that browser.
Please note that the system is not compatible with Internet Explorer 7 – 10.
If at any point you find yourself getting stuck in a ‘loop’ or if there appears to be an error on the system, please try to access the site from a different web browser, for example, Google Chrome, or deleting your internet browser history in the first instance. For technical queries please contact the technical helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evidence of English Language Proficiency – New Deadline!
We are now in a position to confirm that the deadline for applicants to provide evidence of English language proficiency has been extended to 12:00 (noon) on Wednesday 7th October 2020. If you do not have evidence of English language proficiency by the close of the application window on Wednesday 2nd September, you will have until Wednesday 7th October to send this evidence to email@example.com. Unfortunately, we are unable to extend this deadline any further due to the implications for other component parts of the application process.
Applicants who meet all of the other criteria who are outstanding evidence of English language proficiency will be considered ‘Eligible with conditions’ until this deadline is reached, at which point, their application will either be amended to ‘Eligible’ or ‘Ineligible’ based on the supporting information received by this date/time.
The main application window will open for all eligible applicants on Monday 19th October 2020.
UKFP 2021: Applicants’ Presentation
The UKFPO has created a video version of the Applicants’ Presentation, available to view below in three parts:
- Applicants Presentation: Part One
- Applicants Presentation: Part Two
- Applicants Presentation: Part Three
A presentation for prospective applicants in 2021, providing a brief overview of the Foundation Programme and the application process.