News and Updates
UKFP 2020: Key Documents
- UK Foundation Guide – A comprehensive catalogue of responsibilities, regulations and processes involved in the Foundation Programme, covering applicants, Foundation Schools and the UKFPO.
- UKFP Rough Guide – An overview of the content and curriculum of the Foundation Programme.
- UKFP Rough Guide to Academic Foundation Programme
UKFP 2021: Key Documents
- UKFP 2021: Eligibility Applicant Guidance – A comprehensive overview of the eligibility application process, for those who need to submit eligibility applications for 2021. (Please be advised that this guidance is subject to change in light of external dependencies and in particular, in regard to the current public health pandemic. The UKFPO will provide updates, as necessary.)
- UKFP 2021 Applicants’ Presentation – A presentation for prospective applicants in 2021, providing a brief overview of the Foundation Programme and the application process.
- UKFP 2021 Applicant’s Handbook – A handbook for prospective applicants in 2021, providing comprehensive instructions/guidance concerning the application process for UKFP 2021.
- UKFP 2021 High-Level Timeline – A timeline covering the main dates and events in the 2021 recruitment process.
**Situational Judgement Test – Resources and information now published**
Further resources and guidance has been published regarding the Situational Judgement Test. It includes comprehensive FAQs, applicant guidance, practice papers, reasonable adjustments guide and easy read information pages. If you are planning on taking the SJT this year, please ensure you fully read all of the guidance available.
All of the information can be found on the resources page here.
Watch our short introductory video on the SJT
New version of Oriel for Applicants
All applications must be submitted through Oriel (national online application system). You can access the new version of Oriel here. Applicants are advised to start their applications early to allow sufficient time to complete the necessary sections of the application form and to gather evidence in support of their application.
Important: You will need to create a new Oriel account on the version linked to above before you can make any 2021 applications.
The Oriel applicant portal is compatible with Safari v12+, Google Chrome v77+, Edge, Firefox 68+. Applicants are advised to use one of these browsers when using the website and preferably the most up to date version of that browser.
Please note that the system is not compatible with Internet Explorer.
If at any point you find yourself getting stuck in a ‘loop’ or if there appears to be an error on the system, please try to access the site from a different web browser, for example, Google Chrome, or deleting your internet browser history in the first instance. For technical queries please contact the technical helpdesk via email@example.com.
Further information can be found in HEE’s statement here.
Clinical Assessment Update
To support social distancing and the safety of all involved, the National Clinical Assessment will now take place over 6 days from Monday 16th – Friday 20th November 2020 and also on Tuesday 24th November 2020.
Tier 4 Immigration Changes
UKVI have released the statement of changes to the Immigration Rules for Tier 4 which will take effect from the 5th October 2020. Please see the attached document for more information. Points Based System
UKFP 2021: Applicants’ Presentation
The UKFPO has created a video version of the Applicants’ Presentation, available to view below in three parts:
- Applicants Presentation: Part One
- Applicants Presentation: Part Two
- Applicants Presentation: Part Three
A presentation for prospective applicants in 2021, providing a brief overview of the Foundation Programme and the application process.