What is an eligibility application?
The eligibility window for the 2021 Foundation Programme is now closed. The eligibility window for UKFP 2022 will open in April 2021. Further guidance will be released soon.
The eligibility application process applies to applicants to the national UK Foundation Programme 2022 (UKFP 2022) who:
1: Are studying at or have graduated from a non-UK medical school, OR
2: Have graduated from a UK medical school on or prior to 4th August 2019, OR
3: Are a non-UK/settled worker studying for a UK medical degree at a campus outside of the UK, for example, University of Nicosia, Cyprus (St. George’s University London), or Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia.
Applicants in any of these three groups need to submit an eligibility application BEFORE the main application round in (TBC) to have their eligibility to apply confirmed. You must complete an eligibility application in (TBC) and complete a Foundation Programme application if you are deemed eligible. You will also have the option to apply for academic and priority programmes.
UK medical school students who are due to graduate in 2021 and 2022 do not need to submit an application for eligibility through this process. Your medical school will be able to nominate you.
The main application window for the Foundation Programme will open for all ‘Eligible’ applicants on (TBC).
Eligibility Applicant Guidance for UKFP 2021
- UKFP 2021: Eligibility Applicant Guidance – A comprehensive overview of the eligibility application process, for those who need to submit eligibility applications for 2021. (Please be advised that this guidance is subject to change in light of external dependencies and in particular, in regard to the current public health pandemic. The UKFPO will provide updates, as necessary.)
- UKFP 2021: Dean’s Statement – This is a compulsory part of the eligibility application process. You must use the template provided by UKFPO and the current year’s version. (The Dean statement for UKFP 2021 has been removed as it is no longer valid. Please wait for the UKFP 2022 Guidance to be published in April 2021).
- UKFP 2021: Reapplication to Foundation Training Form – This is compulsory, only if you have previously been removed or resigned from a two-year Foundation Programme. (Word version available here)
- UKFP 2021: Educational Performance Measure (EPM) Framework
- UKFP 2021: Reasonable Adjustments for Clinical Assessment
Applications for UKFP 2021 are closed. Guidance for UKFP 2022 will be published in April 2021.
When approving eligibility applications, the applications are considered by the UKFPO’s Eligibility Office in accordance with the eligibility criteria.
10% of all eligible applications are reviewed and quality assured by an independent eligibility checking panel.
Applicants who are considered ineligible at the end of this process may submit an appeal against the outcome of their application.
Information on the appeals process, and the appeals form itself, can be found on the appeals page on our website.