- UKFP 2021: Application Process High-Level Timeline – A combined timeline of the application process for the UK Foundation Programme.
- UKFP 2021: Eligibility Applicant Guidance – A comprehensive overview of the eligibility application process, for those who need to submit eligibility applications for 2021. (Please be advised that this guidance is subject to change in light of external dependencies and in particular, in regard to the current public health pandemic. The UKFPO will provide updates, as necessary.)
- UKFP 2021 Applicants’ Presentation – A presentation for prospective applicants in 2021, providing a brief overview of the Foundation Programme and the application process.
- UKFP 2021 Applicants’ Handbook – A handbook for prospective applicants in 2021, providing comprehensive instructions/guidance concerning the application process for UKFP 2021.
- Situational Judgement Test – Reasonable Adjustment Process Applicants Guidance – Guidance on submitting reasonable adjustment requests for the SJT.
- UKFP 2021 Foundation Priority Programme (FPP) Handbook
- UKFP 2021 Psychiatry Foundation Fellowships (PFF) Guidance
- UKFP 2021 Educational Performance Measure Framework
- UKFP 2021 Blood Borne Virus Guidance
Find out more about our programmes below:
You may need to complete an eligibility application before you can apply for one of the four Foundation Programmes.
Foundation Programme (UKFP)
The Foundation Programme aims to ensure that all doctors deliver safe and effective patient care and aspire to excellence in their professional development in accordance with GMC guidance.
Academic Foundation Programme (AFP)
The Academic Foundation Programme provides a fabulous opportunity for foundation doctors to develop research, teaching and leadership/management skills.
Application Guidance by Programme
All applications must be submitted through Oriel (national online application system). A link to Oriel will be posted here in the near future. Applicants are advised to start their applications early to allow sufficient time to complete the necessary sections of the application form and to gather evidence in support of their application.
The Oriel applicant portal is compatible with Internet Explorer 11, Safari 7+, Google Chrome 30+, Firefox 24+ and Edge. Applicants are advised to use one of these browsers when using the website and preferably the most up to date version of that browser.
Please note that the system is not compatible with Internet Explorer 7 – 10.
If at any point you find yourself getting stuck in a ‘loop’ or if there appears to be an error on the system, please try to access the site from a different web browser, for example, Google Chrome, or deleting your internet browser history in the first instance. For technical queries please contact the technical helpdesk via email@example.com.