The SJT must be booked online.
Those with a current, valid application to the UK Foundation Programme will be able to book an SJT. It is not possible to take the SJT if you have not applied to the Programme (i.e., you cannot take the SJT in advance of your application).
Applicants with approved Reasonable Adjustments will be able to book from 3 October 2022. The booking window will be opened exclusively for these applicants between 3 – 7 October 2022. Applicants with approved Reasonable Adjustments are strongly advised to book within this window if possible.
All other applicants will be able to book from 10 October 2022.
The booking window will close for all applicants on 13 October 2022.
You will be able to choose the location of the test, which will include the option to sit the test remotely, i.e. from home.
A range of test locations will be available for applicants to choose from across the UK and overseas.
Test spaces will be available on a first come first served basis. Applicants are advised to book their test at the earliest opportunity. Applicants will be able to amend their test booking up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled test date and time.
Military students will be contacted by the Defence Deanery. They should book their test online and do not need to submit an FP application on Oriel to be able to book an SJT slot.
Important notices when booking your SJT
Please read this information carefully and fully.
As part of the application process, you will be required to complete a Foundation Programme Situational Judgement Test (SJT).
The next stage of the process requires all applicants to create a Pearson VUE account and book a test slot for the UKFP 2023 (programme commencing August 2023) assessment which will take place on 7 – 20 December 2022 and 19 – 23 January 2023.
Important notices when booking your SJT:
1. If you are considering taking the SJT via OnVUE (remote proctoring), please ensure you have fully read the guidance and completed a system check prior to booking. You will be required to complete a system check prior to booking your test. UKFPO and Pearson VUE will not be held responsible for any test failures or technical issues. Should you fail to complete the SJT, this will result in you being unable to continue with your Foundation Programme application.
2. Applicants with approved reasonable adjustments must book their test appointment through Pearson VUE test centre. Contact details can be found at: http://www.pearsonvue.com/UKFP.
3. If you have an approved Reasonable Adjustment (such as separate room/recorder etc.) please choose to complete your test in a Pearson VUE test centre.
4. Applicants who require 25% extra time can sit the test via On VUE remote proctoring. Applicants with 25% extra time can book their test online if you want to take in a test centre. If you want to book OnVUE test you must arrange this through Pearson VUE.
5. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled exam time. Applicants who are late will NOT be allowed to take the assessment.
6. Please bring photographic ID with you. Failure to provide satisfactory ID will result in you not being able to complete the test. If the first name and surname on your photographic ID (passport or UK/EU photo card driving licence) does not match your application form, please contact the UKFPO.
7. If you choose to complete the test remotely, you will need to use wired headphones (i.e. non-Bluetooth headphones)
How to create a Pearson VUE account
All applicants will only be able to create an account from 3 October 2022 onwards. Applicants with approved Reasonable Adjustments can book from this date as well.
All applicants are required to create a new account. To create an account, you must complete the following compulsory steps:
1. Go to: http://www.pearsonvue.com/UKFP.
2. Select “Create account” from the right-hand menu.
3. Input the details EXACTLY as they appear on your Oriel dashboard:
– FIRST NAME
– LAST NAME
– EXAM ID
4. Complete the profile information (for those currently abroad please give the address of where you are living whilst abroad), select ‘Next’.
5. Verify your profile information, select ‘Next’.
6. Create a Username, password and select and answer security questions, select ‘Next’.
7. On this page you will see confirmation that your account has been set up successfully. An automated email will also be sent to you confirming this.
How to book an SJT slot
Applicants will only be able to book an SJT slot from the 10 October 2022. Applicants with approved Reasonable Adjustments can book from 3 October 2022.
8. Remaining on the account confirmation page, select ‘Next. Or alternatively, if you have already logged out, go to http://www.pearsonvue.com/UKFP and select ‘Sign in’ and enter the username and password you created.’
9. On this page you will see the pre-approved exam – UKFP SJT: Foundation Situational Judgement Test – as a hyperlink, please click on this.
10. On this page select how you want to take an exam. Options are: ‘At a local test center’ or ‘Online from home or office’.
11. Selected Test centre option – on this page you will see your confirmed exam details along with the authorisation information, please click ‘Next’.
Selected Remote proctoring option – on this page you will see the Online proctoring policy Agreement. Once you agree and select ‘Next’ you will see your confirmed exam details along with the authorisation information, please click ‘Next’.
12. Test centre option – on this page you will be able to search and chose a test centre (you can choose up to three for each search) and select ‘Next’. You will see a calendar confirming the dates that test slots are available at this centre(s). Select convenient time.
Remote proctoring option – you will see a calendar confirming the dates that test slots are available. Select convenient time.
15. You will then be taken through to the “Cart” page. Here the details of your appointment slot are confirmed. To confirm you would like to book this, click on ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
17. On this page please read through the admission, reschedule and cancellation policies and at the bottom tick to confirm you have read and agreed to these, then select ‘accept’.
18. On this page please review the appointment slot venue and time information. To confirm this booking please click ‘Submit Order’.
19. On this page you will see a summary of your confirmed SJT assessment. Please read the information provided carefully. You will be able to print this if required.
Appointment availability: Please be aware, each Pearson VUE centre has limited availability which is on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. You may not find availability at your nearest centre or your preferred date if you delay in booking.
Re-schedule Policy: If you wish to change the location, date, and/or time of your test, you can reschedule your appointment via the Pearson VUE website or by contacting Pearson VUE customer service, up to 48 hours before the scheduled start time of your existing booking.
Please be aware that alternative test centre slots are subject to availability; and, once the designated booking period has ended, availability in test centres may be very limited.
If you decide to change delivery method (e.g., change from a test centre appointment to a remote delivery via OnVUE) you will first have to cancel your existing booking and then book a new appointment choosing the preferred delivery method.
Cancelling your booking: If you book a place but decide not to attend, you should cancel your booking at least 48 hours before the assessment is due to be delivered. Remember – failure to sit the SJT may result in your application being removed from the process.
Booking confirmation: Confirmation of your scheduled assessment will be sent by e-mail directly by Pearson VUE. This will include the full address, arrival time and instructions about identification documentation. Please ensure that you read these instructions carefully.
Reasonable Adjustments (Accommodations): If you have received approval from the UKFPO for adjustments to be made for your SJT, you can find confirmation of this under the ‘Accommodations’ section when you have booked a slot.
Further help: Please check our Frequently Asked Questions in the first instance. You can contact us by e-mailing email@example.com. Booking enquiries should be directed to Pearson VUE.