Preparing for your test
Get ready for your test day
- Review your program’s test policies — like which forms of ID are accepted — on your exam programme’s homepage
- Review study guides and prep materials, but don’t bring them with you!
- Complete any necessary system checks if taking your exam online
- Plan to arrive early to get settled ahead of your scheduled exam
On your test day
- Be well-rested and eat a meal or snack
- Bring the proper IDs with you
- Read all test instructions and candidate rules thoroughly
- Take your time and read exam questions carefully
- Give yourself enough time to get to the test centre or to setup (if taking via OnVUE)
If you need to reschedule your test
Re-schedule Policy: If you wish to change the location, date, and/or time of your test, you can reschedule your appointment via the Pearson VUE website or by contacting Pearson VUE customer service, up to 48 hours before the scheduled start time of your existing booking.
It is not possible to reschedule your test if it is less than 48 hours before your test is due to take place. Please check to see if the Extenuating Circumstances Policy applies.
Please be aware that alternative test centre slots are subject to availability; and, once the designated booking period has ended, availability in test centres may be very limited.
If you plan on using the same delivery method (a test centre or OnVUE) you will be able to view and browse other available appointments before you amend your current booking.
If you decide to change delivery method (e.g., change from a test centre appointment to a remote delivery via OnVUE) you will first have to cancel your existing booking and then book a new appointment choosing the preferred delivery method.
Instructions for rescheduling: To make changes to your appointment, you will need to sign in at www.pearsonvue.com/ukfp, select your upcoming appointment and choose Reschedule.
If you have had Reasonable Adjustments applied to your booking, other than a time extension, you will not be able to make changes to your appointment via the website, and must instead call Pearson VUE Customer Services within the published operating hours: https://home.pearsonvue.com/ukfp/contact.
For further information or support, contact Pearson VUE Customer Services in the first instance.