Please note this is a temporary webpage while our permanent website at http://www.oxforddeanery.nhs.uk is experiencing technical issues
This year, Oxford Foundation School have 214 Foundation Year 1 vacancies.
Successful applicants will be allocated to a two-year Foundation Programme within the following acute trusts:
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust
2020-2022 Rotation Grid now available
Oxford Foundation Rotation Grid 2020-2022
The list of available programmes are available to download now. Many students find it easier to review the programmes in this format, rather than via the Oriel website.
Please note that if a placement does not have details of the exact location (e.g. hospital name) this is because we have not been informed yet.
Please be advised all 2020 programmes are subject to change in relation to placement order, specialty, length, banding, site, and Trust due to the changing needs of the hospitals.
At the group/Trust ranking stage, the options link only to the F1 Trust, the majority of programmes within the Oxford Foundation School involve trainees rotating to a different Trust for F2.
Reserve List Applicants
Oxford Foundation School will not be holding interviews for reserve list applicants who are allocated to vacancies. Applicants who are allocated to Oxford will be matched to vacant posts by score and preference.
- Applicants will be asked to rank vacancies as they occur in each batch allocation.
- The Foundation School will then match applicants to their preferences based on score order.
- Where two or more applicants have the same score, a random allocation will take place.
It is possible to link your application to that of another person in order to be allocated to the same Foundation School. The link is honoured only as far as the Foundation School and does not include a link to the same Trust or programme. This needs to be specified on the UKFPO application.
- 24 June – 07 August 2019: National eligibility checking period.
- 23 September 2019: Applicants can register on Oriel and view programmes.
- 30 September – 11 October 2019: Applicants complete the online application form.
- 28 November ONLY – Oxford Academic Foundation Programme Interviews, Kassam Stadium, Oxford.
- 12 March 2020: Application results available – applicants are informed of their allocation to a Foundation School.
- 13 March – 24 March 2020 (12.00 noon) – Applicants allocated to Oxford Foundation School rank F1 Trusts in order of preference (Phase 1).
- 20 March 2020 – Oxford Foundation School Welcome Event, Kassam, Oxford.
- 25 March – 1 April 2020 (12.00 noon) – Applicants allocated to an Oxford Foundation School F1 Trust rank available 2-year programmes in order of preference (Phase 2).
- 1 April 2020 (12.00 noon) – deadline for applicants allocated to Oxford to have ranked all programmes in order of preference on Oriel.
- 09 April 2020: Applicants are informed of allocated programme (F1 and F2 rotations and employing Trust(s).
Other Useful Information
Statistics for Previous Intakes:
- Scoring Range 2020-2022
- Scoring Range 2019-2021
- Scoring Range 2018-2020
- Scoring Range 2017-2019
- Scoring Range 2016-2018
- Scoring Range 2015-2017
- Scoring Range 2014-2016
- Scoring Range 2013-2015
- Scoring Range 2012-2014
- Scoring Range 2011-2013
- Scoring Range 2010-2012
Oxford Academic Foundation Programme Recruitment 2020